Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Animal Anatomy at the Museum of Natural History in New York City


Drawing at the Museum

 
Whitetail Deer from the Museum of Natural History
Years ago, I took a great class at the Museum of Natural History in New York City. We studied animal anatomy from the diaramas after the museum closed. I returned every Tuesday for 18 months to draw and study the animals exhibits.
 
Red Fox was drawn from a recorded nature show
 
 
 
 
My wife, Kim, used to make VCR tapes of any animal shows on television. I used to run these in slow motion so that I can draw from them.
 
 
 
Canada Goose was drawn from the backyard
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This led to sketching at zoos, which led, in turn to drawing in the field at places such as Yellowstone National Park and even my backyard.



Moose at Grand Teton National Park
Bison at Yellowstone National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment